Online Short Circuit Laboratory
ERDA has 3 no. online short circuit laboratories which is renowned independent facility for evaluation and certifying low and medium voltage components used in electric infrastructure. It has the highest short circuit making and braking capacity of 120 kA at 570V.
Electrical Research and Development Association
AC Short Circuit Evaluation
- 120 kA, 570 V – 1 no. Laboratory
- 40 kA, 470 V – 2 no. Laboratories
DC Short Circuit Evaluation
- 10 kA at 270-1500 V DC
- 15 kA at 270-1000 V DC
- 30 kA for 1 sec
Major Ratings at Short Circuit Laboratory
- Thermal & Dynamic ability to withstand short circuit tests upto 33 kV, 4000 kVA distribution transformers
- Thermal & Dynamic ability to withstand short circuit tests upto 11 kV, 1600 kVA distribution transformers
- Thermal & Dynamic ability to withstand short circuit tests upto 22 kV, 1000 kVA distribution transformer
- Short time withstand current test up to 245 kV class, 50 kA for 3 Sec or 120 kA for 1 sec.
Switchgear & Control gear Products
- 120 kA, 570 V Short circuit making & breaking capacity.
- 120 kA for 1 sec. or 70 kA for 3 sec. short time withstand current test
- 120 kA, 570 V breaking capacity for HRC fuse links.
- Performance of integrally fused circuit breakers.
- All other pre and post-tests as per National and International Standards.
DC Switchgear Components
- 30 kA at 690 V DC & 15 kA at 1000 V DC for DC switchgear components as per various International Standards
LV ACBs & MCCBs
LV Switches, Disconnectors, SFUs
Contactors and Motor Starters
Low Voltage Fuses (HRC)
Low Voltage Switchgear & Control gear Assemblies
Electric Power Connectors
DC – MCB, MCCB, ACB, Switch Disconnector, Contactor, Starter