Distribution Transformer Laboratory
ERDA has state of the art distribution transformer laboratory to take up evaluation and certification of distribution transformer and its components.
Electrical Research and Development Association
- 6 number parallel test bays to undertake Routine, Temperature rise and Special Test of Distribution Transformers
- Facility is backed by High Voltage Impulse (1600kV, 80kJ) and Online Short Circuit laboratory (4 MVA, 33kV voltage class) to undertake requirement of dielectric and short circuit evaluation
- Approved by BIS (Govt. of India) to undertake evaluation as per mandatory scheme of IS 1180:2014
- Automatic test set up to test and control for the measurement of losses and temperature rise.
List of Tests at Distribution Transformer Laboratory
- Short circuit current withstand test
- Lightning impulse voltage / Switching impulse voltage test
- Temperature rise test
- Measurement of No Load loss and Load Loss
- Separate source voltage withstand and Induced over voltage withstand test
- Pressure and Oil Leakage Test (Routine & Type tests)
- Measurement of Sound level, Measurement of harmonics of no load current, measurement of flux density etc.
Major Products evaluated at Distribution Transformer Laboratory
- Distribution Transformer (up to 2.5 MVA, 33 kV voltage class)
- Dry Type Transformer (up to 2.5 MVA, 33 kV voltage class)
- Compact Substation