High Voltage Laboratory
ERDA is working on advance materials to develop nano-dielectric materials for insulation, battery electrodes and electrolytes, contact materials and novel performance enhancing coatings for applications in thermal, hydro and photovoltaic power plants.
Electrical Research and Development Association
- Impulse Generator: 1600 kVp, 80 kJ – 2 no. & 800 kVp, 40 kJ – 1 no.
- High Voltage Transformer: 900 kVrms, 700 kVrms & 600 kVrms
Major Facility at High Voltage Laboratory
Major Products evaluated at High Voltage Laboratory
Corrosion Resistant Nano-Paint
Corrosion resistant paint for Coating for Steel Structures subjected to Industrial and Marine Environment
- Paint classification after 1000 hours of salt spray test (ASTM B 895): Class – A
- Higher impedance property implies better corrosion resistant property.
- High scratch resistance
- Improved hardness properties
- Improved mechanical Properties such as Scratch Hardness, Pull of Adhesion & Impact Hardness
- Enhanced corrosion Resistance
- Successful field trials completed at two costal locations for comparison with conventional paint